We are pleased to announce an upcoming excursion for you! Are you up for a bit of exercise and outdoor fun? Then join Nicki on a trip to Jangkar Waterfalls!
The Jangkar Waterfalls are powerful and remote waterfalls, located on the slopes of the Berumput range in Lundu. The Berumput range marks the boundary between Sarawak and Indonesia.
The trail to Jangkar Waterfalls starts at Kampong Jantan. The first part of the walk goes through farms and orchards of the local villagers until it reaches Jangkar River. Then the scene changes into jungle, dotted with big boulders, as the trail leads further upriver. The trail crosses at the widest part of the river, where the water level is shallow. It continues further up until it finally reaches a spectacular waterfall with a huge deep pool. With a height of over 30 metres Jangkar Waterfall #1 is the highest in Western Sarawak!
The amazing scenery makes it a nice place to relax and enjoy a cooling bath. For those with more energy and an adventurous spirit there is another waterfall further upstream, which requires a challenging climb. Here one is welcomed here by a lovely natural infinity pool with stunning views over the plains and Gunung Gading.
In total there are 23 waterfalls along Jangkar River.
Here are the details:
Day / Date:
Sunday, 20. November 2016
Jangkar Waterfall, Lundu
Meeting point / time:
Kampong Jantan, 09.30 hrs am
Own transport; car pooling recommended
· Drive to Lundu and use Lundu Bypass Road
· Turn towards Sematan
· Shortly after that turn left to Jalan Biawak which will lead you to Kpg Jantan
· RM 10 for MNS members
· RM 20 for non-members
· Parking fee of RM 5 per car
The itinerary for the excursion is as follows:
· 09.30 hrs: Meet, greet and register at Kampong Jantan
· Trek to waterfall #1
· Relax & enjoy nature (swimming optional)
· Trek to waterfall #2 (optional)
· Return to waterfall #1 for lunch break (lunch not included)
· Return to Kampong Jantan & end of activity (approx. 14.00 hrs)
What to bring/wear:
· Footwear with good grip which may get wet (e.g. Kampong Adidas or trekking sandals)
· Light clothes/outdoor wear
· Rain coat/poncho
· Sun cream & hat
· Drinking water & food (Please bring your own lunch! Fireplace for BBQ available!)
· Optional: swimwear & towel
Please note that this activity requires a good fitness level as it involves about 1 hours’ trek uphill to reach Jangkar Waterfall #1, including a river crossing without bridge. The optional trek to Jangkar Waterfall #2 requires an additional 20 minutes climb from Jangkar Waterfall #1. We will return the same way back to Kpg Jantan.
There are no age limitations as long as you are reasonably fit and healthy. The trip is also suitable for children. However, children have to be accompanied and supervised by a parent or custodian.
Want to join? Then please send us an e-mail (email@example.com) or send a Whatsapp directly to Nicki (+60198550375)! For registration and indemnity purposes we need your full name and IC/passport number. For communication purposes we furthermore need your e-mail address and mobile number.
- Registration closes on 14. November 2016.
Love Life, Love Nature,