The core programmes of the Sarawak Biodiversity Centre (SBC), at kilometre 20 of Jalan Borneo Heights include biological discoveries, traditional knowledge, bioinformatics along with programmes aimed at education such as awareness visits. MNSKB has arranged for a visit to SBC in order to enhance understanding of the varied roles of this organisation. The guided walks will also enable us to develop our understanding of beneficial plants.
The details of the visit are below:
Venue: Sarawak, Biodiversity Centre, Kilometre 20, Jalan Borneo Heights, Semengoh
Day / Date: Wednesday, 30 November 2016
Time: 9:00 AM (sharp)to 12:15 PM
The following is the programme for the visit:
9:00 AM: Arrival of MNS Members
Briefing on SBC's Roles and Functions
10: 00 AM: Walkabout tour of the Laila Taib Ethnobotanical Garden
11: 00 AM: SBC Jungle Trail - Guided walk on useful/interesting plants
12.15 noon: Lunch
- Members are required to register for this activity on or before 27 November.Please include full name, IC or passport number, and email and handphone number.
- Participants are advised to wear comfortable walking shoes and clothes appropriate for the jungle, as well as to bring sufficient drinking water.
- Please bring insect repellent and sun block.
- This trip is also suitable for kids and since its school holiday just brings them along but register them too.
- Please leave town on time and I suggest at 8am.
Love Life Love Nature